Teaching is a very rewarding career and a much-needed profession for the common and public good of our communities
Have you considered a career in teaching?
Have you enjoyed home schooling over the last few weeks and would like to put your new found talents to great use in the community?
Have you considered a career change as a teacher?
It really is true that no-one forgets a good teacher. In the current Covid-19 circumstances, we have truly seen the very rewarding and essential role teachers play and how much they contribute to society and our communities.
At Newman University we are very proud of our Initial Teacher Education (ITE) heritage and we have been training and educating teachers for over 50 years. We have trained and educated over 13,500 primary and secondary school teachers, many of whom are now teachers, middle leaders, senior leaders and head teachers in schools in Birmingham and across the West Midlands, UK and in other countries.
Hundreds of students have also graduated from our Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC), Early Years and Education programmes and many of these graduates progress to Postgraduate Certificate in Education programmes in order to become a teacher; to pursue a career in early years settings and again in leadership roles within the key early years stage of development for children; or to work in other roles in education.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in teaching or the early year’s sector, Newman University is an ideal choice. Newman is ranked 1st in Birmingham for Student Experience (National Student Survey, 2019), with an excellent 94% student satisfaction for our BA (Hons) Primary Education programme and 95% for our BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education and Care programme!
At Newman, we offer a wide range of programmes suitable for all students, including career changers. We offer the following initial teacher education programmes:
- BA (Hons) Primary Education (3-7)
- BA (Hons) Primary Education (5-11)
- BA (Hons) Primary Top-Up award (3-7) & (5-11)
- BA (Hons) Mathematics with opt-in for recommendation for QTS
- PGCE Primary (3-7) & (5-11) – university-led & school-based (School Direct with salaried and training places)
- PGCE Secondary (11-16, with post-16 enhancement): Computing, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physical Education with EBacc, Religious Education and Science with Biology/ Chemistry/Physics University-led and also as school-based programmes (School Direct with salaried and training places).
To apply for one of the above programmes visit our website.
Join us for a virtual ‘Tea and Teach’ event or ‘Meet the Tutor’ event on Zoom. If you would like to join us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm which programme you are interested in so we can add you to the right event, and download the Zoom App (if you haven’t already done so).