These are ideal opportunities for you to come and speak with staff to find out more about the exciting opportunities that are on offer at Newman and to see our facilities.
To make the most of the day, preparation is key! Before the Open Day you should :
Prepare key questions
Have a think about what you want to know about from each university and ask questions to help you compare all of your options later. You may want to ask questions about your specific course, or find out more about the university itself.
- What are your entry requirements?
- How is the course taught?
- How employable are your degrees?
- What kind of jobs do graduates from this course go on to do?
- What’s the social life like? What opportunities lie within the Students’ Union?
- What Foundation pathways are available?
- You may have specific questions about topics or units within a course
Remember….there are no silly questions! The team are there to answer your questions, no matter how big or small.
A successful open day trip is all about the preparation. Plan ahead by:
- Ensuring you know your plan for the day and what sessions you are booked in for and at what time. Everything is on a strictly pre-booked basis so you will need to ensure you are punctual for your sessions to make the most of them.
- Checking how you are going to get here – if you’re getting the train, how far is it from the station? Do you need to check local bus information? If you’re travelling by car, check out the excellent links to the road and motorway infrastructure!
- Pre-booking train tickets if you’re going by train – buying on the day is often more expensive
During the Open Day
What to bring with you….
- Your Open Day booking
- Phone / Camera
- Portable charger
- Someone else! A second opinion can be helpful.
Also, if you have the time, visit the local town or city. This is especially important if you are not familiar with Birmingham. As a student you will not be spending all your time on campus, so see if the surrounding area will keep you entertained.
After the Open Day
Things don’t end when you leave the campus. Follow these few tips to make sure those memories don’t fade and get caught together with other university open days…
- Look through your photos.
- Consider booking another visit. If you’re on the fence, this could help you make a decision either way. You can request a bespoke Campus Tour with one of the team if this is needed.
- Follow up with anyone you met. Whether they were a course tutor or a member of the support services team, we welcome any questions you have for us at the university.