The Life of a Student Ambassador

Published by Newman University on

Student Ambassadors on campus
Newman University Criminology BA (Hons) student Ellie Brace, discusses what it’s like to be a Student Ambassador at Newman. She talks about the activities she’s been involved in since her time as an Ambassador and why she enjoys the role so much.

“After being at the university for two years studying Criminology, I have taken the opportunity to become a Student Ambassador to share tips and tricks for life at Newman University

“My experiences of being a student ambassador are up there with some of the best!

“When I applied for the role, I never thought I would become such a critical part of the student community and have the ability to provide support for prospective students. Although I have only been in the role for a couple of months, I have had the chance to be part of an Applicant Experience Day and help out within the marketing department.

“Through the Applicant Experience Day I had the ability to greet prospective students upon entry to the university and ensure that they have the right information and directions. Then I had the opportunity to sit in on a talk related to my subject and introduce myself to students with the same passion and excitement that I have for my degree. It was rewarding to see how many students turned up to the event and I had the chance to speak to some of them and give them advice and tips about university life and why Newman University is one of, if not the best university to come and study at. I really enjoyed seeing the wide range of subject areas and the excitement of the students as they are about to embark on such an important and daunting experience.

“Another aspect of my role as a Student Ambassador has been helping within the Marketing Department to produce and pack acceptance letters and revision packs for accepted and prospective students. Although it has been a momentous task, it has been really interesting to see what goes on within this department and be able to help produce some of the resources that I had the privilege to receive when I was starting my university journey. This task really did make me realise how much work goes on behind the scenes and made me appreciate the work that other staff members do.

“Other activities I have had the privilege of partaking in are campus tours which highlight and express the amazing and simply beautiful facilities we possess as a university. Being able to walk around the university with a group of students ready to come here to study in September and point out the different nuggets of information and detail is really interesting (and I even discovered parts of the university I never knew existed, even in my two years of studying here!).

“It is clear that this role is full of rewarding and brilliant experiences, but it is more than just a role. It is a team of students who strive to help and be the voice for those students who might not always be heard and recognised.”

– Ellie Brace –

If you’d like to learn more about becoming a student ambassador in the next academic year, please email the marketing department at ambassadors@newman.ac.uk and we’d be happy to answer any questions you have.

0 Comments