Student Voice

Published by Becky Guest on

Chris
MA Applied Humanities
The MA in Applied Humanities has been a really rewarding experience, looking at the Humanities from a broader perspective and the issues it faces in modern society.

As a smaller group, discussion flowed freely and I truly felt my opinions mattered. It has improved my confidence in presentations, teamworking and approaching broader, often difficult to navigate topics.

The staff on all of the modules have been incredibly supportive, to ensure everybody found their studies as rewarding as possible. A real personal highlight was my capstone project surrounding a reassessment of the Local History Collection in Newman University Library. This was a fantastic opportunity to further my studies in a field I have always held a passion for. I have developed skills through my projects which are not traditionally embedded within Postgraduate study, especially project management skills and forging links with specialists in relevant fields.

Looking to the future, I am now actively pursuing further study opportunities at PhD, a really exciting prospect for me. Before this, I am remaining at Newman as a Visiting Lecturer. This is a career which I had not necessarily considered before Postgraduate study, but I am really looking forward to it!

– Written by Chris Thomas –

0 Comments