Blog Website Accessibility
We are working towards WCAG 2.0 compliance. This means that Newman University aims to make our blog website usable by everyone, regardless of browsing requirements.
Visitors to our blog website should be able to do the following:
- Navigate with just a keyboard
- Understand images by viewing the alternative text
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software, e.g. Texthelp Gold and Dragon
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader e.g. JAWA, Dolphin, Texthelp Gold
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to draw our attention to any accessibility issues you may find on our website.
We are working towards a full audit of our web pages and documents before September 2020.
Who to contact if you cannot access something on the website
You can contact the marketing team who will be happy to either show you how to access the material or convert it into a different format that you can access.
- Email – email@example.com
- Call – 01214761181 ext 2330
- Visit – Room ST207 (between 09.00-16.30)
What to do if you are not happy with our response
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you are not happy with how we respond to your notification or request, you can contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).