How to enrol online
Before you begin your programme, you must enrol as a student at Newman University.
You will be required to complete an online enrolment task prior to arriving at the University. For PGCE, School Direct, and BA Applied Humanities this will be launched from Wednesday 26th August. For all other courses online enrolment will be launched from Monday 7th September. If you have met all of your conditions of entry you will be sent a notification email that the enrolment task is ready for you to complete via the admissions portal.
Once enrolled, you will be emailed your login details, which can then be used to access your timetable and Newman email ready for the start of your course.
Please note that it is a requirement for all international students to enrol in person. If this applies to you, we will let you know a scheduled enrolment session to attend.
Here is the process outlined in more detail, including advice on what you can do now to get ready, and a video tutorial to watch showing how to complete the online enrolment task.
You will receive an email confirming your enrolment date. Before enrolment make sure you can log into your applicant portal and read the photo guidelines, which can be found in the FAQs below and create your photo ready to upload.
On the date your online enrolment opens you will receive an email with a link to the applicant portal. You will be asked to check that the information we hold is correct, confirm tuition fee liability, sign up to the University’s regulations declarations https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-base/general-academic-regulations/ and to also upload a photo.
Once you have completed online enrolment and your photo has been approved, you will receive an email with your student login details.
Student Login Received:
Once you have received your student login, you can login to MyNewman. You will need to reset your password before logging in for the first time
View our helpful enrolment videos:
It is important that before online enrolment you check that you are able to login and can access your online Applicant portal. If you have forgotten your password, you will be able to reset your password on the portal login page. This will then send an email with a link to reset your password. You should receive this email within a couple of minutes of requesting to reset your password. If it does not appear in your inbox, please check your Spam folder. If you have never used the applicant portal you will also need to go to the login page and set your password as a new user. If you have any further problems, contact details for IT can be found on the login page.
To make your online enrolment as smooth as possible we recommend having a suitable picture ready before beginning online enrolment.
- Your photo must show your full head and be against a plain background, there should be no other objects or people in the picture.
- You should face forward and look straight at the camera.
- The file should be in JPG format.
- The file size should not exceed 20KB and the dimensions should be 150 pixels wide and 200 pixels high. You may find https://imageresize.org/ useful for editing your photo to the specification above.
If your photo is not suitable, we will email you and ask you to reload your photo in the correct format. This will delay you receiving your student login and ID card.
Common reasons why your photo may be assessed as unsuitable for your university record:
- It is a selfie with filters applied
- It has other people in the picture
- It is a cropped photo from group shots
- It is a photo of a photo, as this will be too blurry
- Taken in front of a background that isn’t empty and plain
- Poor lighting. This can either be the photo imagine was too dark, or a strong light source had affected the contrast and had made half the image too bright and the other too dark. This can also affect the background, making a plain background look patterned or different colours.
- There is too much head tilt. You need to be looking straight at the camera.
- Part of the head is missing. The full face, including top of head needs to be in the picture.
Online enrolment will open on specific dates for different courses. This date will be confirmed in the email you receive before enrolment. The email will be sent to the email address you provided in your application, if you are not receiving our emails please check your spam folder before contacting the Registry Support Team 0121 483 2216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.